Sunday, January 29, 2012

The setup





This is an overview of my gaming setup - shown in Shooter / Flight / Racing modes. The idea here is to create a gaming platform for total immersion. Total immersion is an attempt to block out as much sensory perception of the real world and replace the visual, auditory and tactile sensory input with the game so that your mind can be immersed into the reality of the game in a phenomenon known as "Suspention of disbelief."

The best types of games for maximum immersion are First Person Shooters (FPS), Flight Simulators, and Driving Simulators. I switch between these genres depending on my mood or whatever new game I get. Best done in a darkened room for the fullest effect.







Here is a video on YouTube showing my setup in action using IL-2 1946.

No comments:

Post a Comment